Saturday, July 6, 2013

Finally some photos

So, after sorting out a somewhat embarrassing camera charger dilemma (I had it the whole time, doh), here are some photos from around my neighborhood and at work. There's a catch-22 going on here with the photos. It goes like this: I want to bring my camera because I want to take pictures. If I bring my camera, it makes me a huge target for robbery and it will get stolen. I need my camera to take pictures, but I don't want to bring my camera because it will get stolen and I won't be able to take pictures. It's going to take some getting used to. I'll be figuring out where and when I can have it. Regardless, here are a few I've taken so far:
Here's the IJM Kenya staff celebrating along with several former IJM clients.  I'm behind the camera.

An artful slide at a little shopping center/coffee shop. 
Here's the street where our office is located in Westlands. 
My fellow Legal Fellow, Tim.
Traffic on the way home from work. It's not too bad in this picture. Those bananas are awesome!

Here's the street we live on. For security reasons, I'm not posting more about our apartment. It's on this street....somewhere (maybe not even in the picture).
My fellow Americans blow out the candles on America's birthday cake. Happy 4th of July!
Another shot of the neighborhood where we work.
Colors so rich, modern photographic technology has trouble capturing them. 
Here's another look at the neighborhood, we walk down here to get lunch sometimes. 
Westlands.
A church going up in Thika, about 40 km outside of Nairobi. I was just struck by the idea that whenever you are building anything in the Christian life, you should always start with the Cross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment